The Finance Manager will provide support to the Vice President of Finance in ensuring that proper accounting systems are maintained and implemented, so as to provide accurate records of the Company’s assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Such systems will include but not be limited to financial reporting, tax, auditing, regulatory reporting and treasury management.
- Development of the region’s Annual Budget for review and approval and, also supports the Vice President- Finance in managing the execution of budget decisions;
- Provides support to the Vice President- Finance in Planning, directing and controlling the day to day activities of the Finance Department and its subsidiary;
- Assists with generating the required accounting reports and assists with providing appropriate interpretations and analyses of financial and accounting issues;
- Compliance with CCIS, regulatory policies, practices and procedures, accounting standards etc.;
- Ensure full International Financial Reporting Standards and other Accounting Regulation Compliance;
- Train and develop accounting staff to efficiently and effectively perform their functions;
- Maintain proper accounting records, documents and procedures;
- Preparation of all internal reporting requirements e.g. Monthly management accounts, analytical reports and other reports as required;
- Proper maintenance and enforcement of all Financial and Accounting Controls and relevant organization policies;
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintain relationships with the investment community;
- Problem Resolution - To identify & correct problems promptly and un-defensively;
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters;
- Any other duties as required.