Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO, and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Refinery Polymer Technician
The mining solution business maintains and operates a polymer makedown system and provides daily/hourly operational support to the Alumina refinery. The primary objective of the position will be to support the existing business by operation and conducting routine operational maintenance and basic laboratory support to the operations.
The Technician will provide reliable operational support at a site level and communicate operational and technical status to the Technical Account Manager and the refineries technical staff. We are seeking reliable and self-motivated operators who can think and act independently.
- Comply with all plant & client safety rules at all times;
- Operate client’s polymer make down systems;
- Calibrate screw feeders on all systems weekly; record calibration results;
- Check flocculant concentration daily;
- Fill silos with powder flocculant as needed;
- Properly store, organize and rotate flocculant supersacks in the designated area;
- Perform weekly inventory of flocculant in storage;
- Perform a daily visual inspection of all systems;
- Weekly Inspect and change jet-wet nozzles as needed;
- Weekly check oil level on all mixing motors;
- Keep area clean of trash and clutter and wash down as needed;
- Be able to troubleshoot all systems once training is provided;
- Collect process samples as needed;
- Perform laboratory mud settling tests, % solids and g/L solids as needed;
- Properly organize spare parts in designated storage areas, maintain accurate inventory records;
- Update maintenance logs performed on all systems as required;
- Be available to work or be on call for nights and weekend as needed;
- Become familiar with the Bayer Process over time;
- Must meet all refinery entry requirements including proof of complete Covid – 19 vaccination regiment.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Minimum of Two to five (2-5) years of chemical plant or refinery laboratory and/or operational experience;
- Alumina refinery experience preferred;
- Capable of learning and executing daily laboratory testing for routine reporting to plant technical and operational experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Past history of safe working practices;
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when required and to be on call on nights and weekends.