Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, CMA CGM
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Commercial (Sales) Manager
Led by Rodolphe Saadé, the CMA CGM Group, a global leader in shipping and logistics, serves more than 420 ports around the world on five continents. With its subsidiary CEVA Logistics, a world leader in logistics, and its air freight division CMA CGM AIR CARGO, the CMA CGM Group is continually innovating to offer its customers a complete and increasingly efficient range of new shipping, land, air and logistics solutions.
Present in 160 countries through its network of more than 400 offices and 750 warehouses, the Group employs more than 130,000 people worldwide, including 2,900 in Marseilles where its head office is located.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop commercial activities in accordance with the objectives set by the Group;
- Set up, organize and drive sales teams to follow up with the customer portfolio and identify growth opportunities within their area;
- Develop and maintain an import/export business action plan and implement management tools to follow sales teams’ performances;
- Manage the commercial network directly and transversally, while respecting business objectives and implementing corrective actions when necessary;
- Promote products and services to customers and prospects;
- Identify traffics, follow the performances and fills;
- Analyze market statistics on a regular basis and report to the General Management and teams based in Head office.
- Customer knowledge;
- Knowledge of commercial policy and offers;
- Financial and economic knowledge;
- Business intelligence;
- Successful Negotiation techniques;
- Operational marketing;
- Stock / Allocations management;
- Employee Management/Coaching Skills
- Highly Analytical with the ability to use statistical data as a basis for decisions and proposals
- Strong character to be positive when receiving negative feedback
- Receptive/thrives with caching and dynamic, changing environments
- Works good under pressure and target driven
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at the management level in shipping;
- Bachelors’ degree is required;
- Ability to own Commercial Management actives;
- Proven successful track record in sales in the shipping industry:
- Exceptional communication skills for regional and international interaction (oral, written, presentation etc.);
- Strong knowledge of various sales techniques and strategies;
- Exceptional Leadership skills;
- Proven ability to engage employees and enhance morale;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Methodical approach, detail oriented, highly organized, and strong communication and time management skills.