On behalf of our client Jamaican Medical Cannabis Collective, JMCC
, Caribbean HR Solutions is soliciting candidates to apply for the following role:
JMCC, a fully integrated, global leader in the medical cannabis industry, is searching for Greenhouse Technicians to perform the daily activities associated with a greenhouse/nursery environment. The Greenhouse Technician
will carry out production practices, harvesting, maintenance, and auxiliary activities within the greenhouses, under the direction of the Greenhouse Manager or delegate, ensuring they are conducted in accordance with the required GACP standards.
- Conducting appropriate crop care and maintenance activities;
- Filling of potting bags, planting and replanting of plantlets;
- Monitoring and reporting greenhouse temperature and relative humidity values;
- Scouting, monitoring and reporting on the incidence of pests and diseases infestations;
- Monitoring and reporting on plant nutrient solution quality parameters (pH and EC);
- Monitoring of fertigation emitters to ensure the application of nutrient solution to crop plants;
- Monitoring supplemental lighting infrastructure to ensure uniform distribution;
- Assist with adjusting crop lighting in conformity with requirements of crop development stage;
- Installing trellising mechanisms to provide physical support to the plants as the buds develop;
- Conducting pruning and other plant care activities as instructed by greenhouse farm manager or delegate;
- Removing of pruned plant parts from greenhouse for disposal, as directed by greenhouse farm manager or delegate;
- Identifying and reporting pest species and life cycle stages for applying appropriate pest management strategies;
- Applying relevant strategies for the management of pests’ infestations as instructed by greenhouse farm manager;
- Any other duties which the greenhouse farm manager or delegate may assign from time to time.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Must be willing to relocate to St. James/Hanover
- Minimum of two (2) years' specific working experience in agriculture;
- HEART- NCTVET NVQ Level 2 Certificate in General Agriculture or an equivalent qualification from an accredited agricultural education institution;
- Experience in the management of crop production in greenhouses or other protected agriculture environments;
- Knowledgeable in the safe handling and application of chemicals such as fertilizers, agricultural pesticides, surfactants, plant growth regulators, sanitizers and disinfectants;
- Knowledge and awareness of the effects of factors such as ventilation, illumination, temperature relative humidity, water and nutrient management on plant growth and development;
- Working knowledge of crop growing media and their roles in crop nutrition;
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures, reduced air circulation, and a fair amount of plant pollen present;
- Knowledge of the stages of plant development and crop requirement at varying stages;
- Knowledge of the life cycle of major plant pests and diseases for pest management purposes;
- Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications;
- Ability to foster positive working relationships;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.