Caribbean HR Solutions
is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Shift Manager (Energy Industry)
The Shift Manager are responsible in managing and overseeing the daily production and resource consumption of the Power Plant as well as all maintenance activities performed in the Power Plant.
- Manage the Control Room shift and ensure that the control room is staffed on a constant basis;
- Manage and oversee the daily production and resource consumption of the Power Plant as well as all maintenance jobs;
- Act as the single point of contact to the Grid in terms of daily and expected power production;
- Ensure compliance with requirements for environmental, health and safety in plant operations;
- Implement and execute of Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) System in accordance with the client policies;
- Monitor for efficient and safe operations, ensuring that all applicable internal procedures and regulatory requirements are met;
- Ensure the operation and maintenance works are aligned with internal and contractual requirements and needs;
- Lead the performance and recording of periodic operational checks and tests of the plant equipment in accordance with client requirements and equipment manufacturer’s recommendations;
- Interact closely with Power Plant personnel for daily activities' coordination
- Maintain close contact with the Grid company, fuel and water supply companies, Emergency services, Local communities and other necessary partners;
- Develop, implement and update operating procedures for all systems using Facility designer’s operation manuals/procedures and equipment Vendors' instructions;
- Implement all necessary Environmental, Health and Safety measures for safe operation and maintenance activities at the Power Plant.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Prior experience working with and knowledge of Gas Turbine Engines;
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college;
- 5 Years' experience as an Operation Technician/Shift Charge Engineer in a Control Room of a Power Station or Industrial Facility;
- Substantial knowledge of engineering practices, functions and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of a Power Station or Industrial Facility;
- Substantial knowledge of engineering practices, safety regulations, functions and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of a Power Station;
- Proven experience in managing people;
- Strong customer focus.