Human Resource Assistant- Internship
The HR Assistant is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills. You must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with coordinating the process for new hires to receive their employment identification;
- Assisting with the new hire onboarding and orientation process;
- Maintaining employee records by collecting, collating and filing physical and electronic copies;
- Supporting HR Officers in administering employee benefits through timely enrollment in benefit programs, distributing benefit cards, filing employee claims and responding to queries;
- Preparing requisite material for disciplinary hearings and HR meetings;
- Recording minutes of disciplinary hearings;
- Conducting reference checks on new hires;
- Maintains basic knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Experience in the HR department as a Clerk or Assistant would be an asset;
- Associates’ degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or relating field is required;
- Ability to handle confidential material; must demonstrate high levels of integrity and trustworthiness;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and strong time management skills;
- Ability to adjust to the changing needs of the department;
- Ability to adhere to processes, procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work with limited supervision.