Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Senior HR Officer, Hotels & Resorts
The Snr. Human Resources Officer serves as the primary HR contact for the assigned client and is responsible for the execution of human resources functions to support and improve daily operations. The Snr. HR Officer works in partnership with corporate HR to deliver HR strategic business goals and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform a wide array of tasks as follows:
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures; assists in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, HR systems, and performance management;
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records, ensuring data integrity and compile reports from database as needed; setting up new hire personnel files, preparing contracts, time clock enrollment and conducting employee probationary review; updating contact information and salary information;
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with Director of Operations to develop solutions, programs and policies;
- Maintains management guidelines by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values;
- Lead the benefits development, administration and vendor negotiations on behalf of the client and partner with Training and Engagement specialist on improvement projects and initiatives to ensure employee satisfaction;
- Facilitate HR Training for managers and employees on relevant HR content, as needed;
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems;
- Provides HR report and participates in various business reviews with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable labour law requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; facilitating and representing the organization at hearings;
- Administers employee benefits programs; assesses benefit needs and makes recommendations on appropriate benefit plans to management; facilitates the submission of benefit claims; evaluates benefit contract bids from vendors; issues benefit contracts to employees;
- Extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; provides employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Prepares regular reports on Human Resource metrics and KPIs;
- Participates in client events and activities to support employee engagement and inclusion;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Serves as an in-house expert in relation to laws governing equal employment opportunity and human rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
Skills & Competencies
Business Acumen, Communication, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Cultural Awareness, strong Labour Relations Expertise, Leadership & Navigation, Relationship Management and Ethical Practice.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in Human Resources operations is required;
- Minimum of three (3) years prior experience in a hotel;
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field is required. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered;
- Ability to handle confidential information; must demonstrate high levels of integrity and trustworthiness;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work collaboratively with individuals from other departments;
- Proven ability to engage employees, enhance morale, and job satisfaction;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows; strength in associated office productivity software tools, MS Office (i.e.: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to execute on projects from inception through to completion;
- Methodical approach, detail oriented, highly organized, and strong time management skills;
- Flexibility to travel across sites for meetings.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.