Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, SmartBooks, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
US Accountant Team Supervisor (Remote)
SmartBooks manages the finance departments of hundreds of small businesses throughout the US. Whether our clients require outsourced accounting, CFO services, tax, payroll or HR help, SmartBooks has a solution. To support our growth, SmartBooks is opening an office in Kingston, Jamaica to service US-based clients. We are looking for experienced accountants to join our team.
The US Accountant Team Supervisor (Remote) will be responsible for ensuring their teams meet measurable goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, with metrics geared around completion of work by deadlines, client satisfaction and retention, employee development and retention, and financial performance of the team.
What are we looking for?
- A Chartered Accountant with GAAP expertise and experience supporting the accounting needs of a variety of businesses and industries in the US;
- Manage teams or departments of 5-10 people while coaching and managing them to do their best work while holding them accountable to results;
- Strong knowledge of Full Cycle Accounting;
- Assist with interviewing, coaching, managing, conducting professional development plans, and terminations;
- Break down accounting issues into simple consistent processes;
- Savvy with computers & software, able to embrace new technologies;
- Experience working with small businesses and US based business and have a customer service drive;
- Produce financial reports that are accurate and insightful;
- Must be highly productive, organized and deadline-driven.
- Prior experience supporting US based clients remotely is required;
- Must be familiar with GAAP specifications;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting certification;
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks Accounting Software;
- Extensive experience reviewing financial statements and associated documentation for accuracy and adherence SOPs;
- Working knowledge of various accounting tools including Excel;
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.