Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
General Accounting Manager
The Clients’ process area performs tasks related to maintaining the general ledger, reconciliations, preparing and processing journal entries, and maintaining information within various accounting systems. Additional requirements include preparing and delivering reporting, analytics, and quality assurance. This position also oversees all GA team members as well as the processes performed by the team. This position applies knowledge, independent judgment and firm policies to complete complex accounting and/or finance related job responsibilities and assignments.
- Provides leadership to the entire General Accounting department
- Lead the efforts to continuously improve GL processes with automation and procedural enhancements
- Responsible for more complex activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations and other analysis
- Prepare journal entries and post to the General Ledger as needed
- Mentors and provides technical direction to the entire General Accounting Team
- Brings a customer centric focus to the role and act as the final level of escalation to ensure high levels of Client satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates with the Client to understand any changes to Client’s departmental policies, processes and procedures, and implement affected changes.
- Prepares special complex reports and analyses
- Oversees effort to meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of seven years of progressive accounting experience, including a hands-on supervisory role
- Ability to guide and train staff regarding account processes and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of GL and accounting for Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Analysis, Other Account Analysis and Fixed Assets.
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to manage the General Accounting department, provide guidance to all team members
- Ability to coach and motivate team members to optimize team effectiveness and enhance team interactions
- Ability to establish a “customer service” culture
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.