Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Facilities and Building Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Building Manager will be responsible for the planning, costing, implementation of key projects as it relates to facility management. The Building Manager will ensure that the company has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities. The role will focus on using best business practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
- Project management and supervising and coordinating of work contractors
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, maintenance, cleaning and recycling
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with all functions and departments
- Coordinate partner visits and onsite preparation and accommodations (drivers, conference room space, balloons, front entry decorations etc.)
- Report back to leadership on status of projects including ongoing recommendations
- Appropriate storing, handling and inventory management for promotional items within the sales center.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in facility supervision and maintenance and supervising maintenance staff
- Educated to a degree level will be plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of best practices of all mechanical systems throughout the facility
- Experience in developing and administering complex facilities budget.
- Great organizational, spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- Technical knowledge of building services
- A self-starter, being able to work on own initiative while taking constructive criticism
- Great problem solving and decision making and managerial skills
- The ability to manage and control large budgets
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.