Caribbean HR Solutions
is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
HR Administrative Assistant
The HR Administrative Assistant’s key responsibility encompasses the administrative functions of the HR department. The incumbent works in partnership with HR Officers to manage the benefits administration process, file management, and other administrative tasks.
- Coordinating the process for new hires to receive their employment identification as well as track expiration dates and manages the renewal process;
- Assisting with the new hire onboarding and orientation process;
- Keeping track of police record submissions (and expirations, where necessary) and alerting the HR Officer & Employee of impending renewal;
- Keeping track of probationary period and ensuring that sufficient reminders are sent to the department managers as well as collect all probationary reviews;
- Keeping track of all temporary contracts, their end dates and ensure follow up is done in a timely manner, prior to expiration of contracts;
- Maintaining HR calendar of events with appropriate reminders in place;
- Maintaining employee records by collecting, collating and filing physical and electronic copies;
- Managing the leave process to ensure that all documents are completed appropriately, and that the time keeping system corresponds with leaves documented in the HRMS database;
- Preparing employment verification letters and validating employment status with relevant third-party institutions;
- Supporting HR Officers in administering employee benefits through timely enrollment in benefit programs, distributing benefit cards, filing employee claims and responding to queries;
- Preparing requisite material for disciplinary hearings and HR meetings;
- Recording minutes of disciplinary hearings;
- Conducting reference checks on new hires;
- Liaising with third party institutions to facilitate comprehensive background checks and drug tests;
- Maintains basic knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Exporting and reviewing data from time keeping system for payroll and reporting purposes.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- One to Two (1-2) years of progressive experience in the HR department as a Clerk or Administrative Assistant;
- Prior experience using time keeping and HR management systems would be an asset;
- Associates’ degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or relating field is required;
- Ability to handle confidential material; must demonstrate high levels of integrity and trustworthiness;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Methodical approach, detail oriented, highly organized, and strong time management skills;
- Ability to adjust to the changing needs of the department;
- Ability to adhere to processes, procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work with limited supervision.