Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, a leader in consumer finance solutions in the Caribbean, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Country Manager (Small & Personal Loans)
The Country Manager will assist the executive group in the realization of the strategic plan and the incursion into the financial market of Jamaica. It involves providing leadership in the development, implementation and growth of operations in the country.
- Develop a strategic plan for expansion in Jamaica, ensuring alignment with the corporate strategy;
- Represent the company in the local, social and government financial sectors;
- Understand assigned budgets, monitor branch performance and identify areas that need more thorough monitoring;
- Manage policies, procedures and programs to ensure consistency of their use in all operations;
- Analyze the performance of branches in order to maintain the country's objectives;
- Advise on the practices, policies and strategies of the main financial entities in the field;
- Assist in creating credit policies, income verification procedures, document validation and credit application decisioning process;
- Evaluate and recommend the methods for loan disbursement that are more attractive to our customer profile;
- Evaluate and recommend methods, services and means of payment, which are most used by our customer profile;
- Monitor the execution of the collection strategy at the branch level and at the centralized collection group;
- Develop processes and strategies for external vendors; and develop workflows;
- Develop a strategy for managing accounts in arrears, default and punishment;
- Evaluate candidates for local positions and recommend for hiring, promotion, transfer and termination of staff, to maintain adequate staffing and skill levels in local overall operations;
- Keep the executive group informed about the project’s implementation and progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field;
- 10 years or more of management experience;
- Work experience in some of the following banking sectors:
- Consumer credit and / or Microfinance;
- Collections, delinquency management and punishment;
- Business and / or sales;
- 5 years of management experience in microenterprise loans preferred;
- Assertive personality, with initiative and perseverance;
- High level of ethical commitment and reliability;
- Good facilitator, mentor and coach with the ability to motivate and manage a team;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Results oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with the ability to work under pressure with high work volumes and tight deadlines;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.