Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Jamaican Medical Cannabis Collective (JMCC), a rapidly growing multi-faceted company in the medical cannabis industry, is searching for a Greenhouse Manager to oversee the daily operations of greenhouses and/or nurseries. He/she will observe environmental standards for agricultural and horticultural production and hire and coordinate greenhouse workers.
The incumbent will supervise plant-breeding and cross-hybridization, plant nutrition and protection, pest and disease control, harvesting and the maintenance of systems controlling the greenhouse environment, such as HVAC and irrigation. Supervision and training of staff, inventory control, reporting and compliance with environmental and safety regulations are key areas of accountability of this function.
- Overseeing harvesting and inventory of plants
- Providing supervision over greenhouse workers
- Assisting in recruiting, supervising and training greenhouse workers
- Effectively managing greenhouse equipment and systems
- Exploring strategies to improve processes for more efficient production
- Maintaining breeding records and keeping comprehensive records of essential growing procedures, attributes and results.
- Ensuring that operation is compliant with environmental, regulatory and quality regulations and standards
- Extensive knowledge of horticulture, plant cultivation, pest and disease control and greenhouse technology.
- Strong communication, training, management and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of the stages of plant life and diseases that may occur
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Computer and record keeping skills are essential.
- Strong inventory management skills.
- Ability to Fosters positive working relationships.
- Ability to provide work direction and leadership to staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field
- 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must understand the use of injectors, electrical conductivity and pH meter, boom and irrigations systems.
- Thorough knowledge of water lines and awareness of conditions such as ventilation, light conditions, temperature and humidity.
- Must have in depth knowledge of the safe handling and application of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
- Ability to stand/walk while performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted will be contacted.