Caribbean HR Solutions
is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Technical Advisor: Instrumentation & Controls
The Technical Advisor: Instrumentation & Controls will work as Project Coordinator or Group Leader while assisting and organizing the in-house work force during the Supervisor’s absence. Demonstrates the confidence and ability to safely oversee system clearances and outages for new and existing substation or plant electrical work. Ensures that all proposed modifications, repairs or calibrations are performed to ensure the reliability, safety, and efficient operation of the equipment involved.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates and modifies electrical/electronic instruments and controls systems;
- Issues accurate reports on electrical equipment status;
- Performs scheduled of electro-mechanics and microprocessor based protective relay and reclosing relay inspections and calibrations for substations and generating systems;
- Calibrates analogue and digital transducers for system accuracy and computes overall system error if needed;
- Performs tests and troubleshoots systems which include signal transmission and closed-circuit systems;
- Responsible for wiring and controls of most electric or electronic instruments and devices within the substations;
- Makes recommendations for system or circuit changes to Supervisor and advises Engineers as needed;
- Coordinates electrical maintenance on various system repairs or upgrades;
- Performs inspections and acceptance tests on new or existing projects using manufacturer or engineering specifications and standards as a guide;
- Troubleshoots complex electrical control systems and performs circuit checks;
- Makes recommendations in applying any field revisions or modifications on new or existing system;
- Other job-related duties of a technical nature as assigned by supervisor.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Prior experience working with and knowledge of Gas Turbine Engines;
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical Engineering Technology;
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in the protective relay or electrical instruments and controls field;
- Supervisory training or at least one (1) year supervisor experience is preferred;
- Knowledge in Electric Substation System Integration and related software applications;
- Experience with PC computers, and computer-based control systems;
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.