Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
General Accounting Team Lead
The Clients’ process area performs tasks related to maintaining the general ledger, reconciliations, preparing and processing journal entries, and maintaining information within various accounting systems. Additional requirements include preparing and delivering reporting, analytics, and quality assurance. This position also oversees all GA team members as well as the processes performed by the team. This position applies knowledge, independent judgment and firm policies to complete complex accounting and/or finance related job responsibilities and assignments.
- Assists the GA Management in cultivating productive relationships between operational teams, functional, and program related stakeholders.
- Supports the identification of continuous improvement initiatives such as automation and procedural enhancements
- Responsible for moderate to complex activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations and other analysis
- Research, follow up on and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Prepares special moderate to complex reports and analyses
- Oversees effort to meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Prepare journal entries and post to the General Ledger
- Maintain adequate support for posted journal entries
- Mentors and provides technical direction to the entire General Accounting Team
- Ensures standard operating procedures (SOP) documents accurately reflect the way the process is performed, updating every time a process change is administered
- Performs quality assurance review of other team members’ delivery and ensures it meets Client’s expectations and deadlines
- Process fixed asset maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting experience, including a hands-on supervisory role
- Ability to guide and train staff regarding account processes and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of GL and accounting for Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Analysis, Other Account Analysis and Fixed Assets.
- Supervise a team of resources, and support their professional development
- Ability to hold team members accountable for the achievement of established customer satisfaction levels
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to coach and motivate team members to optimize team effectiveness and enhance team interactions
- Ability to establish a “customer service” culture
- Ability to cultivate an environment focused on customer satisfaction
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.