Caribbean HR Solutions
is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO, and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT
, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
We are leaders in mobilizing institutional investments into sustainable land uses at large scale. We transform the way agriculture and forestry are practiced to mitigate climate change effectively and deliver long-term values to all stakeholders.
The Farm Manager
is charged with developing and managing a new agroforestry project located in the Saint Thomas parish, Jamaica. We are looking for a dynamic leader for the development and implementation of the project as well as the continual management of the project after the development phase has ended.
- Develop and maintain human and administrative structures appropriate to implement the objectives established for the project;
- Develop operational, administrative, and sales plans necessary to achieve the strategic objectives of the agricultural project in coordination with the financial personnel of the project;
- Oversee the development, execution, and adjustment of the annual, monthly, weekly, and daily operation plans for the project;
- Manage the execution and adjustment of these plans ensuring safety, quality, efficiency and compliance with established budget and sustainability standards;
- Create and supervise the implementation of operational plans for land development, planting, plant maintenance, phytosanitary control, harvesting, and post-harvest processes;
- Plan operations to maintain farm progress against budget parameters;
- Oversee infrastructure development of the farm ensuring operational viability;
- Application of health and safety standards across operations;
- Close coordination with project financial personnel to update and advise of change in operations that impact budget;
- Set up and oversee purchasing program and controls for project. Negotiate strategic prices and liaise with providers;
- Create and oversee processes and controls for inventory, warehouse and equipment care and maintenance;
- Implement good practices for personnel management including weekly/daily meetings, feedback and improvements;
- Develop and implement worker training program, create program of incentives for workers.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Supervisory and management ability;
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others, teamwork and leadership;
- Numerical aptitude;
- Willingness to be outside in all weather conditions and patience to undertake all sorts of practical jobs;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Genuine commitment to regenerative and sustainable farming;
- Good technical knowledge;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Undergraduate degree required; post-graduate studies preferred;
- Degrees in Agricultural Engineering or related field and business or agribusiness;
- At least 5 years’ experience in farm management;
- Technical knowledge of coconut is a plus;
- Knowledge of regenerative agriculture is desirable;
- Weekly onsite presence for the first year. Daily onsite presence after the first year;
- Previous ERP software experience is preferred.