Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, go-getting HR lead to reset our HR team in Kingston. The right person for the job will have the ability to remain pragmatic in all situations, handle tough conversations, wear multiple hats and be extremely hands on.
Snr. Human Resources Manager, B.P.O.
The primary function of the Human Resource Manager is to coordinate HR policies and programs with emphasis on employee relations, policy management, mediation, benefits and compensation areas, insuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources (who is based in Los Angeles, California) in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. The position also assists with the safety efforts and acts as co-chair for the safety committee.
- Act as a partner to the site director and all heads of department to make collaborate decisions when it comes to the well-being of all employees;
- Hands on with the site and employees! HR is a partner, and it is expected that the HR lead walks the floor and engages with employees daily;
- Work closely with the VP of HR in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization;
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information;
- Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees and retirees accordingly;
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees;
- Administer benefits programs, including conducting analyses and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health and life), workers' compensation, unemployment and retirement plans;
- Acts as coach and mentor to all leadership council.;
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations of HR team members;
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in HR;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in B.P.O.;
- Thorough understanding of Jamaican laws concerning employee benefits and payroll;
- Hands on experience in developing HR policies, programs and managing KPI’s;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing a team;
- Prior payroll and benefits management experience preferred;
- Project Management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience;
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) current certification preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
We invite all interested candidates to submit your confidential application.