Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
As a member of the management team, you will have the opportunity to manage an accounting and financial management system designed for this Jamaican company which has been a key participant in the revitalization of the town of Falmouth, both architecturally and economically.
- Perform monthly general accounting activities to prepare and maintain all the books and records of the company, both in electronic and hard copies, including general ledger, working papers and all financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, Cash Flow Statements, etc.).
- Year-end preparation of adjusting journal entries to convert USGAAP financial statements to IFRS/Jamaican Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in preparation for annual statutory audit of the group of Jamaican companies.
- Preparation of reports for the payment of corporate taxes, GCT, payroll taxes and all applicable fees to the local government.
- Management of the preparation of fortnightly payroll (wire transfers, check payments, etc.) and any government payroll tax expenses as required.
- Preparation, filing and payment of payroll related tax returns and forms, including Wage and Tax Statements. For example - Form W-2, W-3 and 1099-MISC in the US.
- Preparation of monthly bank account reconciliations and all other Balance Sheet accounts.
- Safekeeping all records and supporting documents.
- Preparation and delivery of Accounting & Management Reports in accordance with US GAAP determined delivery schedule.
- Preparation of all invoices and supporting documentation as required by the activities of the company.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports as requested by various Departments.
- Assist with Independent auditing firm in the performance of quarterly/annual IFRS and/or USGAAP audits, as deemed necessary by management.
- Preparation and analysis of Annual Financial Plan/Budgets and Monthly/Quarterly Forecasts for submittal to Planning/Commercial Development Departments.
- Monthly Preparation and analysis of variances between Budget/Forecast and Actuals to include a description of key drivers of such variances.
- Monitoring account balances and company cash flows to ensure company is at adequately capitalized at all times in the short-term and further out based on projected cash flows.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting.
- CPA license and/or ACCA accreditation & MBA degree preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and JD Edwards Accounting is an asset
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting, in particular, in a large-sized company.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Extremely flexible in hours and days of work when and where necessary.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.