Human Resources Officer
The Human Resources (HR) Officer serves as the primary HR contact for the assigned region and is responsible to execute human resources functions to support and improve daily operations. The incumbent works in partnership with the other site locations to deliver HR strategic business goals and initiatives.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures; assists in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, HR systems, and performance management.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records, ensuring data integrity and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Serves as an in-house expert in relation to laws governing equal employment opportunity and human rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assists with researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Partners with Benefits and Payroll on improvement projects, initiatives, and to ensure employee satisfaction.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitates HR Training for managers and employees on relevant HR content, as needed
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provides HR reports and participates in various business reviews with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or relating field is required. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Four (4) years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources is required.
- Proven knowledge of Human Resources principles, Employment Standards Legislation, and Human Rights requirements.
- Ability to handle confidential material; must demonstrate high levels of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work collaboratively with individuals from other departments.
- Proven ability to engage employees, enhance morale, and job satisfaction.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows; strength in associated office productivity software tools, MS Office (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Methodical approach, detail oriented, highly organized, and strong time management skills.
- Strong communication skills; clearly and concisely conveys information orally or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
We invite all interested candidates to submit your confidential application.