Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, a leader in the medical cannabis industry, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Product Development Manager, Medical Cannabis Industry
Jamaican Medical Cannabis Collective (JMCC), a rapidly growing multi-faceted company in the medical cannabis industry, is searching for a highly experienced Product Manager to join their Science team and lead the development and launch of new medical cannabis products for the international cannabis industry. The company is seeking an experienced manager to work in a science based, dynamic and fluid environment. The position will report to the Chief Quality, Risk and Compliance Officer.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly organized self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven organization with a passion for medical cannabis and related products.
Responsible for the development and commercialization of products including technical formulations, sensory validation, and manufacturing scale-up, the Product Manager will work closely with consumers, retailers, vendors, and the internal leadership team to meet strategic objectives for the consumer. This role requires the ability to identify opportunities, innovations and current consumer and retail trends, working closely with internal and external teams, to identify opportunities and guide the introduction of new product concepts to the market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Products: Research and identify new product opportunities, present them to the leadership team, drive product innovation, and lead new product planning and development to match the needs and desires of the international medical cannabis market while delivering industry leading product quality.
- Industry Trends: Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of medical cannabis industry trends, both current and future - and apply that knowledge towards product development and planning.
- Collaborative Project Management: Working with internal teams, including the marketing, sales, quality and operations team, as well as external service providers, to provide detailed briefs to the leadership team with clear product development targets and timelines and ensuring targets are met from concept to launch. Build and implement product strategies consistent with the corporate vision and collaborate with executives to create product plans and roadmaps.
- Trend Analysis: Retrieve and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape new products, and new product launches as well as becoming the company expert on product categories and competitors. Review and report on market trends and new product opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in Product Development Management
- Product development experience in the food, chemical engineering or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience leading internal and external teams to successfully launch new products, and the ability to clearly communicate and influence at senior leadership levels, as well as with project teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, and evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to commercialize innovations and product launches.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.