Caribbean HR Solutions is the Caribbean's premier HR Outsourcing company specializing in Executive Search, Recruiting, HRO and Payroll services. On BEHALF of OUR CLIENT, a leader in the medical cannabis industry, we solicit candidates to apply for the following role:
Construction Project Manager, Medical Cannabis Industry
Jamaican Medical Cannabis Collective (JMCC), a rapidly growing multi-faceted company in the medical cannabis industry, is searching for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise construction projects from conception to the finished product, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. The ideal candidate will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure on-time and efficient completion.
The candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve optimal results. The incumbent will have an analytical mind and admirable organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget. The job includes both hands-on and administrative duties.
This role includes the following responsibilities.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure that the project scope and vision are clearly understood.
- Collaborating with architect, engineers and construction crew to determine the specifications and feasibility of the project
- Process change orders
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- At least 10 years proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Competency in use of MS Office suite
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- Adaptability and multi‐tasking; experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Fosters positive working relationships.
- Ability to provide work direction and leadership to staff.
Commensurate with this position is a competitive salary and relocation benefit.
Though we appreciate all candidates, only those shortlisted will be contacted.